Call for Papers: IamInfoSMART Symposium 2017
Now is the time to start preparing your paper for the IamInfoSMART Symposium 2017!
We are pleased to invite you to submit a full paper presenting your fresh and unconventional information literacy strategies and approaches done by libraries and information centers all throughout the country. The IamInfoSMART Symposium will take place on 10 November 2017 (Friday) at The Learning Commons, 12/F, Henry Sy, Sr. Hall.
To be as inclusive as possible and with “Upscaling: Information Literacy in Transformation” as our theme, we are interested in hearing a wide array of stories on information literacy in your community, school libraries, academic libraries and in your workplace. The call for papers is open to all librarians, LIS faculty and graduate students, researchers, and media and information specialists from schools, colleges and universities, public and special libraries in the country.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Gladly, we welcome submissions discussing topics as enumerated, but not limited to:
Everyday-Life Information Seeking
- Daily information usage and consumption
- Social media and information literacy
- Local and national policies affecting daily information use and access
- Libraries and citizen information seeking
- IL and citizenship
- IL and social capital
- IL and digital governance
Children and Young Adult Information Literacy
- IL models for School Libraries and Media Centers (SLMCs)
- IL practices and strategies in SLMCs
- Libraries’ teaching function and Philippine Basic Education
Information Literacy Initiatives in Academic Libraries
- Innovative IL practices in academic libraries
- Information literacy instruction in academic libraries
- Information literacy assessment
- Faculty-librarian collaboration in IL
- IL and research literacy
Workplace Information Literacy
- Corporate IL initiatives
- Information use and policies in the workplace
- IL in the workplace
- IL and organization competitiveness
- IL and career readiness
- IL and job placement
- IL and employability
- IL and a productive and creative workforce
We strongly encourage you to observe the following instructions before submitting your papers:
- The manuscript must be written in English and submitted as a Word document with a maximum 8 pages, not to exceed 4000 words including figures, tables and references.
- Paper Title: 14 pt (Bold Upper and Lower Case)
- Author: 11pt pt (Bold Upper and Lower Case)
- Affiliations, Abstract, and Keywords font: 10pt
- Text font, section title, and reference text: 11 pt (Arial)
- All paragraphs and body text justified and single spaced.
- Bold any section/paragraph headers, left align
- One line separating paragraphs or sections. Do not indent.
- Set page size: letter-size 8.5”x11”
- The figures, tables and graphs must be included inside the text.
- Figure, table and graph captions are set in 10pt.
- Use APA Style - http://bit.ly/APAguide
Symposium papers should be prepared using the templates attached and must be submitted with the subject “[PAPER SUBMISSION] InfoSMART Symposium 2017” through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 July 2017. Contributions will be double-blind peer-reviewed. At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the symposium. Please note that all expenses, including travel, accommodation, etc. are the responsibility of the authors. A modest amount will be given as a token of appreciation to authors of accepted papers.
Please calendar the following deadlines:
Submission of full papers: 15 July 2017
Notification of acceptance: 30 July 2017
Final submission due: 30 August 2017
Submission of Powerpoint presentations: 15 October 2017
Presentation of accepted papers: 10 November 2017
For inquiries, you may Chat with LORA, send an email to email@example.com, or contact us at (02)524.4611 local 620. We want to see you be a part of this annual symposium.