IamInfoSMART 2015: RIA’s Research Help Desk
As part of the IamInfoSMART 2015 campaign of making every Lasallian information literate, the Libraries will hold a special session of the Face-to-Face with RIA (Roving Information Assist
ant) service called RIA’s Research Help Desk on (Wednesday), - 4:00pm at the 6th floor Exhibit Area of The Learning Commons, Henry Sy Sr. Hall.
Similar to the concept of “book-a-librarian”, Face-to-
Face with RIA is available for a 30 to 60-minute, one-on-one instruction on topics such as formulation of search strategies, subject database searching, evaluating sources of information, referencing, citation management tools, and Turnitin. However, the following will not be covered: (a) computer configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting; (b) provision of investment, legal, or medical advice; (c) tutoring or homework help; and, (d) job interview preparation.
- All bona-fide students, faculty and staff may book a session beginning 28 October 2015, using this reservation facility.
- Walk-in patrons may be accommodated depending on the availability of RIA.
- Library users who will participate will have the following special library privileges:
- Activated MyLibrary account during Christmas Break 2015
- Additional borrowing privileges, specifically, borrowing of up to 4 reference books for 3 working days. This privilege should be availed of within T2 of AY2015-16
- Extended use of discussion room of up to 3 hours per booking (regular is 2 hours) for the entire T2 of AY2015-16