Upcoming Event: RIA’s Research Help Desk 2017
As part of the IamInfoSMART 2017 campaign of making every Lasallian information literate, the Libraries will hold a special session of the Face-to-Face with RIA (Roving Information Assistant) service called RIA’s Research Help Desk on 29 November (Wednesday), 9:00am - 5:00pm at the 6th floor Exhibit Area of The Learning Commons, Henry Sy Sr. Hall.
Similar to the concept of “book-a-librarian”, Face-to-Face with RIA is available for a 30 to 60-minute, one-on-one instruction on topics such as formulation of search strategies, subject database searching, evaluating sources of information, referencing, citation management tools, and Turnitin. However, the following will not be covered: (a) computer configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting; (b) provision of investment, legal, or medical advice; (c) tutoring or homework help; and, (d) job interview preparation.
- All bona-fide students, faculty and staff may book a session beginning 21 October 2017, using this reservation facility.
- Walk-in patrons may be accommodated depending on the availability of RIA.
- Library users who will participate will have the following special library privileges:
- Additional borrowing privileges, specifically, borrowing of up to 4 reference books for 3 working days. This privilege should be availed of within T2 of AY2017-2018
- Extended use of discussion room of up to 3 hours per booking (regular is 2 hours) for the entire T2 of AY2017-2018
- PaperCut ticket (self-service printing load card) worth Php 150.00
More information on other upcoming IamInfoSMART events will be posted in our Library Newsette and Facebook page.
For further inquiries, please contact The Libraries at loc. 620 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.