Upcoming Event: WeAreInfoSMART Poster Making Contest
As part of the IamInfoSMART 2016, the Libraries will conducting the WeAreInfoSMART Poster Making Contest with the theme "The Role of Information Literacy in the UN 2030 Agenda" on 08 November 2016, 2:00PM – 5:00PM at the Exhibit Area, The Learning Commons, 6/F Henry Sy Sr. Hall. This contest is open to high school students from public secondary schools.
● Contestants must be currently enrolled high school students from secondary schools.
● Before the start of the contest, all contestants need to attend a lecture- presentation on accessing e-Library and open access databases to be given by the librarians.
● All interested contestants must pre-register using online registration form available at http://tinyurl.com/weareinfosmart.
● There is no registration fee to be assessed in joining the contest.
● Each participating high school must only have two (2) representatives.
● The theme shall be " Information Literacy and Access to Information: Roles of Libraries in the UN 2030 Agenda".
● 18”x24” drawing pads will be provided by the Libraries. All other materials must be brought by the contestants during the contest day.
● Materials allowed: water color, coloring pens; no liquid or flammable materials or props
● Participants are permitted to submit one poster only.
● All artworks must be done on the spot and must be completed within three hours.
● All entries will be pre-numbered. No identifying marks will be allowed to appear in the artworks.
● All entries shall be judged by a board of judges with background and experience in information and reference services.
● Criteria for judging are as follows:
o Relevance to the theme, 40%
o Creativity and presentation, 40%
o Originality, 20%
● The panel of judges will select top three winners of the contest.
● The judges’ decision is final.
● Prizes for winners:
o 1st prize - Php2,000; 2nd prize - Php1,500; and 3rd prize - Php1,000
o WeAreInfoSMART Access card, entitles holder to ten (10) free visits to the DLSU Libraries for a year (subject to library rules and regulations)
o Certificates of recognition
o Book donation for the school library
o Institutional access to the e-Library USA databases
● All entries will be displayed at the lobby.
● Winning and all other entries shall be the property of the Libraries and may be used for information literacy advocacy activities.
● The DLSU Libraries reserves the right, and has the sole discretion, to modify, suspend or cancel the contest at any time due to any condition beyond the control of DLSU.
● The DLSU Libraries reserves the right, and has the sole discretion to disqualify and remove from the competition any entry which it considers to be, obscene, defamatory, or libelous to any person or entity.