Upcoming Event: Family Feud (DLSU Librarian’s Edition)
As part of the IamInfoSMART 2016, the Libraries will hold a contest for DLSU librarians based on the TV game show Family Feud on 09 November 2016, 2:00PM – 4:00PM at the Exhibit Area, The Learning Commons, 6/F Henry Sy Sr. Hall. This contest aims to gauge the DLSU librarians’ knowledge and familiarity to the collection, services, and facilities as well as to promote teamwork, camaraderie, and sportsmanship among librarians through competitions.
- DLSU librarians will be divided into four groups, with five members each: Team Archives, Technical Services, Reader’s Services, and Satellite Libraries.
- A member of each team faces the other in a face off challenge. The game master reads the question.
- The team that buzzed in with the correct answer receives control of the board and has the option of playing or passing control to the other team.
- The team that has the control tries to reveal all of the correct answers to the question before receiving three strikes.
- If the team receives three strikes without clearing the board, control is passed to the other team.
- Each group will compete to have the highest accumulated points at the end of the game.
- The team that now has the control is able to give one answer in the hopes that it is found on the board.
- If it is, points are added to the team’s score.
- If not, the other team gets the points.
- Points are collected as each team finds its answers to the question on the board.
- Each team tries to collect the most points.
- The team with the highest accumulated number of points after Round 3 will be declared as champion.
(source: Instructions for playing family feud)