Upcoming Event: RIA’s Research Help Desk
As part of the IamInfoSMART 2016 campaign of making every Lasallian information literate, the Libraries will hold a special session of the Face-to-Face with RIA (Roving Information Assistant) service called RIA’s Research Help Desk on 09 November (Wednesday), 9:00am-5:00pm and 12 November 2016 (Saturday), 9:00am – 12:00pm at the 6th floor Exhibit Area of The Learning Commons, Henry Sy Sr. Hall.
Similar to the concept of “book-a-librarian”, Face-to-Face with RIA is available for a 30 to 60-minute, one-on-one instruction on topics such as formulation of search strategies, subject database searching, evaluating sources of information, referencing, citation management tools, and Turnitin. However, the following will not be covered: (a) computer configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting; (b) provision of investment, legal, or medical advice; (c) tutoring or homework help; and, (d) job interview preparation.
- All bona-fide students, faculty and staff may book a session beginning 17 October 2016, using this reservation facility.
- Walk-in patrons may be accommodated depending on the availability of RIA.
- Library users who will participate will have the following special library privileges:
- Activated MyLibrary account during Christmas Break 2016
- Additional borrowing privileges, specifically, borrowing of up to 4 reference books for 3 working days. This privilege should be availed of within T2 of AY2016-2017
- Extended use of discussion room of up to 3 hours per booking (regular is 2 hours) for the entire T2 of AY2016-2017
More information on other upcoming IamInfoSMART events will be posted in our Library Newsette and Facebook page.
For further inquiries, please contact The Libraries at loc. 620 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.