Upcoming: IamInfoSMART - Making every Lasallian information literate
In celebration of the Library and Information Services (LIS) month this November, the Libraries will be running an information literacy (IL) campaign entitled IamInfoSMART with the theme, “Making every Lasallian information literate”, on 25-29 November 2013.
SMART refers to the ability to: Seek for the right information; Manage retrieved information effectively; Assess information critically; Refer information sources correctly; and Treat and apply information ethically.
IamInfoSMART is a week-long fair of exhibitions, learning sessions and interactive games, which aims at honing students to become information literate by equipping them with the necessary IL skills and raising their awareness on the importance of IL in their pursuit for academic and research excellence.
The line-up of activities during the IL Campaign includes the following:
- Information Literacy Exhibit Quiz (November 25-29)
- Tweet and Win (November 25-29)
- Scavenger hunts (November 25-29)
- Demystifying Information Literacy - a talk and forum on IL (November 26) *Click here to register!*
- Let’s Turnitin - online tutorial and contest (November 27-28)
- Poster-making contest (November 28) *Click here to register!*
- IamInfoSMART Amazing Race (November 29) *Click here to register!*
More information about IamInfoSMART and other upcoming events will be posted here and at the Libraries' Facebook account.
For questions and inquiries please contact The Libraries at loc. 620 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .