IamInfoSMART: "Let's Turnitin"!
As part of the IamInfoSMART campaign of “making every Lasallian information literate”, The Libraries invites faculty and students to one-on-one Turnitin tutorials anytime between 8:00am to 5:00pm from 25 November (Monday) to 28 November (Thursday) 2013 in the IamInfoSMART Exhibit Fair at the 6th floor lobby, The Learning Commons, Henry Sy Sr. Hall.
Students with ready-made academic papers are also encouraged to join the “Let’s Turnitin” Contest. The mechanics of the contest are as follows:
- Students who wish to join should have an existing Turnitin account and a ready-made paper for submission.
- All papers must be submitted to Turnitin class “Let’s Turnitin” on 27-28 November 2013. (Class ID: 7309229 / Enrollment password: iaminfosmart)
- Uploaded paper will be electronically checked based on originality.
- Students must view the originality report to check whether they got a “Green”, “Blue”, or “Red” square.
- Students who got “Green” or “Blue” originality report will get a prize.
- Winners will be announced on 29 November 2013. All prizes must be claimed until 15 December 2013 only.
Turnitin is a cloud-based service for originality checking, online grading and peer review and is one of the most widely distributed educational applications in the world. Turnitin is used by more than 10,000 institutions in 126 countries to manage the submission, tracking and evaluation of student papers online. Training Guides for Instructors and a Quickstart Guide for Students are available in their website for those who want to learn more about using the service.
For inquiries, please contact The Libraries at loc. 620 or send an email to email@example.com. Thank you