IamInfoSMART Poster-Making Contest
As part of the IamInfoSMART campaign of “making every Lasallian information literate”, the Libraries will conduct an on-the-spot poster-making contest on 28 November 2013, 9:00 am at the 6th floor lobby of The Learning Commons, Henry Sy, Sr. Hall. This activity aims to increase students’ awareness on the importance of information literacy as a vital component of lifelong learning, and at the same time it seeks to consolidate and showcase students’ understanding of information literacy through the creative arts.
The following are the mechanics of the contest:
- This contest is open to all members of the academic community, including faculty, staff and students (both undergraduate and graduate) of De La Salle University.
- All interested applicants must pre-register on or before 27 November through this online form.
- Contestants are requested to be at the 6th Floor of The Learning Commons before 9:00 AM of 28 November. A short poster presentation will be given by a librarian to the contestants before the contest proper.
- The theme of the contest is “Making every Lasallian information literate”.
- Only 15”x20” illustration boards will be provided by the Libraries. Contestants must bring their own art materials.
- Materials allowed: watercolors, coloring pens and oil pastels. Bringing of flammable art materials is prohibited.
- No more than one poster entry may be submitted by a contestant.
- All artworks must be done on the spot and must be completed within three hours.
- All entries will be prenumbered. No identifying marks in relation to the contestant should appear in each poster.
- All entries will be temporarily displayed at the 6th floor lobby. They shall be judged by a board of judges with background and experience in information and reference services.
- The criteria for judging are: Relevance to the theme, 40%; Creativity and presentation, 40%; and Originality, 20%.
- All entries shall be the property of the Libraries and may be used for InfoLit advocacy activities.
- The awarding of winners will be on 29 November.
DLSU Jansport bag plus freebies
DLSU jacket plus freebies
DLSU polo shirt plus freebies
7 Consolation prizes
PhP300 worth of CBTL Coffee Ice Blended ® Drinks and/or Pastries plus IamInfoSMART freebies